Pan Seared Salmon Cakes
A favorite recipe created by the distinguished Patagonia Provisions Snack Patrol at Provisions Headquarters in Sausalito, CA. We take our snacking seriously here.
SKILL LEVEL: MEDIUM
MAKES 10 CAKES
- 2 (170g/6 oz) pouches Patagonia Provisions Wild Sockeye Salmon, skin removed and chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup red capsicum, chopped fine
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped fine
- 3 tbsp plain breadcrumbs, plus 3 tbsp for coating the sliders
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (suitable for high heat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Big handful fresh herbs, chopped fine, for garnish
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a large bowl, combine egg, flour, red capsicum, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice and chili flakes (if desired).
- Add Salmon and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and flatten into patties.
- Lightly coat each patty in extra breadcrumbs.
- Heat cooking oil in large frying pan on medium–high heat.
- Add cakes in small batches, 3-4 at a time. Cook 3–4 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on paper towels.
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs.